SBC6 – Life in Africa (Jueun)

For my Week 6 challenge, I decided to take Jueun’s topic, living in Africa. I chose it because I feel that people are very ignorant about how Africa really is. The main question I get is: “Do you see lions?” The answer is no. There are a lot of stereotypes about Africa saying that Africans live in small villages and have mud houses. But there are a lot of big cities in Africa like Dakar, Accra, Abidjan and lots of others. I recommend searching up images of a few of these cities, they are pretty beautiful.

The first part was about how people see Africa, now I’m talking about how I feel about living in Africa. This is my first year living in Senegal, but it is my fifth year living in Africa. It can get pretty hot, even though Dakar is cooler than other African cities that don’t have the sea. Having the ocean next to you is great, because we can go swim on weekends, and it’s pretty good for surfing. The International School of Dakar is one of the best schools I’ve ever been to, and has a great variety of students. The one thing that bugs me is Internet.  I am a person who passes a lot of time on Internet, and Senegalese Internet isn’t as fast as European Internet.

Africa is a great continent, and living there is pretty nice. Contrary to what some people may think, Africa is pretty developed and I really like living there, even though there might be some things that Europe does better (Internet.)